Bruxism, or teeth grinding and clenching, is a common dental condition. It can occur at any time but is more common at night while you are asleep. It is one of the largest contributing factors to tooth damage and often causes or contributes to many oral health problems that impact your smile and your quality of life, including:
- Broken, chipped, fractured and worn teeth
- Broken oral appliances, including dentures
- Headaches, migraines, earaches and ear ringing
- Sore jaw joints (leading or contributing to TMJ disorders)
- Pain and tensions in the head, neck and shoulders
- Pain and tightness in your jaw muscles
- Increased tooth sensitivity
- Extremely worn tooth enamel and exposed inner layers of the tooth
- And more!
One of the solutions our experienced dentists may recommend to manage bruxism is a night guard. Night guards are custom-made oral appliances. They are designed to fit your mouth comfortably, preventing your teeth from touching and the pressure of clenching from causing damage. This allows you to sleep peacefully while protecting your teeth and smile. Once your bruxism has been brought under control, our dentists can also work with you to create treatment plans that will help you restore your smile to full beauty, function and health.
We invite you to call Dental Zone at 650-858-2028 today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Galina Nasakin and associates and find out if a night guard in Mountain View, California, could benefit you!