If you have been diagnosed with gum disease, our dentists may recommend ARESTIN® (minocycline hydrochloride) to treat the progression of this oral health condition and prevent bone loss. ARESTIN is a safe antibiotic medication created in the form of a powder made with microspheres and is applied inside your infected gum pockets after you receive scaling and root planing treatment. The microspheres then work to actively fight bacteria in the gums over the course of 90 days and have produced better results than a deep cleaning or other treatment by itself.
After you receive ARESTIN treatment, we recommend following these steps to ensure this medication is effective:
- Avoid touching the affected area for one week
- Drink plenty of water
- Do not floss or use toothpicks in the treated areas for 10 days
- Avoid hard, crunchy and sticky foods for one week
- Manage your gum disease with regular visits to the dentist
- Stay consistent with a proper oral hygiene routine
- Avoid smoking or other tobacco products
- Wait to brush your teeth for at least 12 hours
If you have any questions about ARESTIN treatment in Mountain View, California, and would like to schedule an appointment with Dr. Galina Nasakin and associates, please contact Dental Zone at 650-858-2028.